Hello Lovely Parents and Students,
Thank you all for another successful term of music study. It’s been wonderful to see each student grow and progress and get to know them and their families a little in the process. Here are some important items of information regarding the upcoming concert and summer lessons.
* The Summer Piano Concert will take place on Saturday June 12 at 12:00pm. Originally our start time was 2:00, but there was a time conflict with the venue.
* The concert will take place at the Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, 1700 Mountain Highway, North Vancouver (corner of Mountain Hwy and 17th). I will be there by 11:30am, and students are welcome to come early and warm up on the church’s grand piano. Grandparents, family and friends are all invited.
* Due to a change in church policy, there will be no reception after the concert.
* Performers are asked to wear church appropriate attire.
* This is a performance opportunity, not an obligation. Should your child (or yourself) become too nervous to perform, this is not a problem. Please let me know so I can adjust the program accordingly.
* Reservation of Lesson Time Slots: If you intend to continue with piano lessons in September 2010 and would like to reserve your current time slot, a Non-Refundable Deposit (post-dated cheque for September 1, 2010) for the amount of September lessons is required. If you would like to pursue this option, please let me know by the end of this month. Time slots that are not reserved will be given to the students on my waitlist starting in July 2010.
* Summer Lessons: If you would like to book piano lessons in July and August, please send me your available dates and I will schedule accordingly. Summer lessons are pre-paid and an invoice will be issued at the last lesson in June. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will not be rescheduled or credited. Earlier lesson times are available during the summer term. For summer lessons I like to change up the lesson plan to include more repertoire, more listening to music, composition, and music games in addition to continuing with Lesson, Theory, and Technique.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see a lot of you this coming Saturday at the concert.
In-Home Piano and Music Theory Lessons